Wednesday 30 April 2014

Comparison Websites

I looked at a few comparison websites, most of them were serious ones, but I also looked at comparethemeerkat.com as well, because of how it has a relaxed, jokey tone to it which is what I want to achieve in what I produce. I looked at it because obviously it’s a spin off of an actual comparison website, and so I thought it’d be interesting to see how an actual comparison site would go about creating that sort of attitude. The most fun looking and engaging serious website I found was Trivago, which  I think works because of the bright colours, it’s simplicity and it’s positive tone. It doesn’t portray anything of the websites as any better or worse than the others though, which I find a bit odd.



Trivago's Home Page


Compare The Meerkat's Home Page
Comparing the above two to the two below, confused.com and uswitch, you notice how the use of pastel shades with white is less engaging. I also feel they have a more serious layout than the previous two, as there are a lot more options available made available to the use instantly, to the point where it seems a bit overwhelming. Whilst the Trivago layout is very much straight to the point, I do feel that it's a lot more casual and relaxed than the two below.


Confused.com's Home Page 



uSwitch's Home Page 


No comments:

Post a Comment